LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a tight knit team that delivers big results? Are you looking for a fresh, exciting & challenging career? We have an opportunity for an ambitious Construction Manager that will oversee the onsite development of projects for our nationwide real estate development company, WMG Development. WMG owns and operates over 400 properties in more than 34 states & is rapidly growing!
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor!
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with impeccable follow up and follow through
- Exceptional communicator with solid collaboration skills
- Works well under pressure with an innate ability to prioritize early and often
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Positive mindset in and out of the office
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Success and results-driven entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible in an ever-evolving and growing environment
- Develop critical relationships and provide world-class experiences
- Partner with the Development Team to deliver growth to the WMG portfolio.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Prepare and organize bid packages for general contractors, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Facilitate final permit approval/issuance thru final inspection approval and close out.
- Initiate and supervise the production and maintenance of all construction schedules. Review construction schedule weekly with the team.
- Conducts standard request for proposals (RFP) & completes bid analysis.
- Assure that applications for payment are promptly submitted; payments are received, and funds are properly disbursed.
- Assist Development Process Manager with budgeting and schedule forecasting.
- Oversee job cost reporting on a regular basis.
- Keep the team informed on all significant matters of the project, including progress, safety, financial status, and relationships.
- Develop and nurture relationships with governing municipalities and utility providers in local market.
- Project close out management – execute and close out all project deliverables.
- Manage & develop external construction & consultant resources.
- Manage the shop drawing review & approval process on all projects (HD or Other)
- Maintains project schedule and controls project costs by reviewing design, specifications, and schedule changes with a focus on recommending actionable solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation & contingency plans, & collaborates with Development Process Manager to implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand & apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including, but not limited to: agreements/contract, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys & drawings.
The ideal candidate will have prior project management and construction experience with a track record of consistently and successfully managing big box retail development projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret site plans, building codes, specifications, and regulations. Advanced computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office are required. Current or previous experience as a superintendent desirable.
Workman Management Group, LLC & WMG Development, LLC retain the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. We provide all employees & applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance