LOCATION: Orlando, FL
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a tight-knit team that delivers big results? We have a dynamic position that will assist in overseeing the accounting of our nationwide real estate development company, WMG Development. WMG owns and operates over 400 properties in more than 34 states & is rapidly growing!
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with impeccable follow up and follow through
- Exceptional communicator with solid collaboration skills
- Works well under pressure with an innate ability to prioritize early and often
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Positive mindset in and out of the office
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Success and results-driven entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible in and ever-evolving and growing environment
- Oversee trial balance and general ledger maintenance, to include: general ledger account reconciliations, journal entry preparation & review, and recording of daily cash activity.
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation maintenance across the $500M+ real estate portfolio.
- Responsible for active management and projections of cash flow, including being lead contact and expert with our online treasury management systems.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting across our real estate portfolio, including being lead contact for an independent audit and review engagement.
- Develop and oversee maintenance of internal control documentation, including creation of a GAAP policies & procedures manual.
- Responsible for reviewing accounts payable invoices on a weekly basis, ensuring invoices are accurately coded to our accounting system and vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Oversee accounts receivable process, to include: monthly rent billings in excess of $5M, accurate mailing of tenant statements, check deposits, and review of AR aging schedule.
- Support the Company’s tax reporting function, including responding to tax notices, cost segregation studies, book to tax adjustments, tax reconciliations, and tax planning.
- Support departments in budgeting & expense plans, while seeking means to contain and minimize real estate and development costs.
- Oversee the administration of the real estate portfolios insurance policies, sales tax return preparation, annual report preparation process across 30+ states, credit card reconciliation review, bank reconciliation review, CAMIT Reconciliation review, and upkeep of loan amortization schedules.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years of accounting experience. A background in public accounting or real estate a plus, and CPA designation preferred, but not required.
Workman Management Group, LLC & WMG Development, LLC retain the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. We provide all employees & applicants for employment with the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance