Planning & Entitlements Manager
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a tight knit team that delivers big results? Are you looking for a fresh, exciting & challenging career? We have an opportunity for a versatile Planning & Entitlements Manager that will assist in the future growth and planning for our nationwide real estate development company, WMG Development. WMG owns and operates over 400 properties in more than 30 states & is rapidly growing!
Full Time; Monday through Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor!
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with impeccable follow up and follow through
- Exceptional communicator with solid collaboration skills
- Works well under pressure with an innate ability to prioritize early and often
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Positive mindset in and out of the office
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Success and results-driven entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible in an ever-evolving and growing environment
- Lead the entitlement of multiple projects, including zoning/re-zoning approvals, development agreements, architectural approvals, preliminary and final plats, civil construction plans, development permits, landscape plans and utility company designs.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with officials and employees of municipalities and agencies.
- Assist with the vetting and engagement of all consultants.
- Provide due diligence relating to the entitlement of potential land purchases.
- Serve as a liaison to attorneys, engineers, consultants, governmental officials and other trade partners in the execution of development. Work with consultants and development team to prepare plans for submittal.
- Serve as the spokesperson on behalf of WMG at public hearings.
- Manage scopes of work and compliance with schedule for consultants related to forward planning process.
- Assist with resolutions of entitlement issues and conditions prior to and during development.
- Collaborate with Land Acquisition team during feasibility analysis and due diligence phase.
- Collaborate with the Development team on preparation of concept plans.
- Read, analyze, and provide input on project engineering plans.
- Assist in the review of title documents during acquisition of properties.
- Work with attorneys on preparation of various property documents such as declarations, easements or other use agreements.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or a related field of study or 5+ years prior professional experience directly related to land planning, land use, policy planning or government. Advanced computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office are required.
Workman Management Group, LLC & WMG Development, LLC retain the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. We provide all employees & applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance