Project Purchasing Coordinator
LOCATION: Effingham, IL
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a tight-knit team that delivers big results? Are you looking for a fresh, exciting & challenging career? We have an opportunity for an ambitious Strategic Sourcing Coordinator that will coordinate and manage strategic vendors, materials, and deliveries for our nationwide real estate development company, WMG Development. WMG owns and operates over 400 properties in more than 34 states & is rapidly growing!
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor!
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with impeccable follow up and follow through
- Exceptional communicator with solid collaboration skills
- Works well under pressure with an innate ability to prioritize early and often
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Positive mindset in and out of the office
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Success and results-driven entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible in an ever evolving and growing environment
- Assist the development construction process with a wide variety of owner purchasing needs supporting De novo, adaptative reuse, and facilities projects. Work with team leaders to integrate the purchasing function into the development process
- Help support existing vendor relationships. Solicit, analyze, and review competitive bid proposals for project purchasing categories, ensuring that final delivered costs and vendor proposals are thoroughly evaluated.
- Ensure that the day-to-day management of vendor pricing and schedule produces results that are consistent with targeted cost estimates.
- Supports procurement of items during the development process and provides reporting as needed.
- Participates in team meetings and follows up on assigned tasks in a complete and timely fashion.
- Coordinates the delivery of information to vendors and consultants to assist in design process.
- Create reports and assist with providing data for budgeting and analysis on projects.
- Organizes procurement plans to ensure all purchasing needs are met in connection with projects.
- Executes purchase orders and follows up to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage the invoice payment process including finding resolution to issues.
- Manage inventory based on forecasted needs.
- Assists with resolving issues with vendors when required.
- Support lead time and supply chain challenges through innovative and creative processes.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in engineering and an understanding in purchasing role supporting the development construction process or equivalent experience. Previous knowledge of both procurement and construction management processes a plus. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets, uphold a solution oriented mindset and a can-do attitude a must.
Workman Management Group, LLC & WMG Development, LLC retain the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. We provide all employees & applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance